Thursday, February 28, 2013

Journey - Improve - Target


I have heard people saying "I’m not that good and want to give up on something".
Why don't try the best we can to improve ourselves?

I would like to share my experience before I have enrolled to university (APU). 
This will be a long blog to read, but I hope you guys can take your little time to read it. ^^

Before I have enrolled to university, I used to be a gamer and playing games was the only activity in my life. My record was 3 days 3 nights playing the same online game without eating and sleeping.
I used to be a naughty student in high school and I did vandalism and fought in class. Sleeping in class was also my common activity in the class and I got bad grades for my examinations.

But there was one moment that has changed my life totally.
That was my eldest sister graduation ceremony. Everyone was clapping their hands to the graduates that were having red colour words "First Class Honour" with their names in the slides. I was impressed by this moment and said to myself, I want to be one of them! Since that moment, a first class honours has been my target of university life.

Then I started to search universities and I have found APU (Previously it was called UCTI/APIIT), then I decided to begin my university life in this university.

It was very suffering for me because my English was not that good at that time (although my English is not as good as some of my friends now. >.<). I have difficulty to understand English in my class because I do not know much grammar. I started to work hard to understand all the topics and subjects once I thought of my university target. Then, I started my hard time to work hard to improve my English. Finally, I have cleared the subjects with the help of my friends and especially my girlfriend, Cmun. The picture below shows the English enquiry I have written before I have enrolled to university.




Glad to know my English improved after I has joined the university (Although not as professional as others, but better than the past). 

After a while, I have been called by my girlfriend to work as a student helper in APU. I have enjoyed the working experiences and learnt a lot of things from that. Then, I started to feel that I want to be special among all the students. Then, we started a club, which is Mathematics and Science Club in APU and I became the president of the club. We collected people’s names in order to form the club and finally, our club got approved. Then, we start to organize events and put a lot effort to it.

At first, I started to think that I should stop my footsteps for being involving in more activities and focus in study for my level 2 and level 3.  But, I realize that I could not stop from being more active and I started to involve myself in working environment in APU. I have worked a lot and I got promoted as student ambassador from student helper in April 2012 and continue my working life @ APU. Then, got promoted as senior student ambassador and I am very happy for it. ^^

We continued to organize events for the club and commit ourselves in working environment as well as study as students. 

End of 2012, I have joined as committee of APU Media Arts Wing, I am happy that I could join a team that aims to broadcast events in APU. Then, early of 2013 which is January, I have joined as the committee of Chinese Cultural Week 2013 @ APU. The journey for being involved in all events was very tough but all committees were able to go through with it together. 

I have realized that I could not stop from being involved in all kinds of activities and I am still taking new responsibilities to keep improving myself. 

From a naughty student in high school to now, I am happy with myself and university, APU really changed me a lot. Therefore, to others out there, my advice is to set a target for you and keep trying hard to achieve it, you can make it.

Nothing is impossible. It is depends on you whether you want to improve yourselves by working hard or not.
Don’t stop your footsteps and continue your journey to success.
Hope my long story helps.

Cheers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment